Newborn Education Services & Training Complaints Procedure
Newborn Education Services & Training is committed to giving to you the best student experience possible.
To register a complaint:
- In the first instance, the student should communicate said complaint in writing to The Panel, Newborn Education Services & Training, H.O. 6 Bredon Road, Gloucester GL20 5BZ. The complaint will be considered by a Panel of independent assessors for due consideration.
- A complaint is defined as a written expression of dissatisfaction by one or more students about N E S T’s action, or lack of action.
- You can expect N E S T to deal with a complaint seriously, fairly, within a reasonable timescale and, where appropriate, in confidence.
- It is important that, prior to engaging with the Complaints Policy and Procedures, you have a clear understanding of what the procedure is, what it involves and the outcomes it can and cannot deliver.
- Where an incident does not clearly fall under any one policy, for example a case relating to both an appeal and a complaint which will need to be dealt with via two or more separate procedures.
- The Student Complaints Policy and Procedure does not cover the following:
• Requests for new or different services, or
• Matters of academic judgement (the considered view of an appropriately qualified and experienced subject specialist on your academic performance. This could relate to: learning outcomes, the award of marks for an assessment, fitness to practise and or research methodology)
• Appeals against the decision not to offer a place to an applicant, including matters of judgement about an applicant’s suitability to study a programme; applicants can only appeal on the grounds of a potential irregularity in the implementation of the Admissions Policy
To report an incident:
1. If an incident has occurred which has affected your experience, please let us know in writing within six weeks of the incident.
1. N E S T welcomes the views of its students. A student may provide feedback which will be useful to us when reviewing our policies and operations, without using the Complaints procedure. Students are encouraged to provide feedback in a prompt and constructive manner.